Employment Physical Exams Clinic in Katy, TX
At League Health, our professionals perform employee physicals, or work physicals, which are created to keep employees safe and healthy in the workplace. We are conveniently located at 23541 Westheimer Pkwy Suite 160, Katy TX 77494. For more information, please call us or book an appointment online.
An occupational medicine physical exam involves reviewing the patiens medical history, assessing vital signs, and assessing body systems – similar to any physical exam. This standard exam is then supplemented by work-related components related to regulatory compliance, injury prevention, and monitoring. Physical exams are given for a number of reasons. For many workers, a pre-employment physical is required. This often includes a fit-for-duty exam, which gives you a chance to make sure that an employee is physically capable of performing the job for which they are being hired.
A fit-for-duty exam is also part of a return-to-work exam. These exams are given after an employee has been treated for an injury, to be sure that they have sufficiently recovered in order to resume working. Prematurely going back to your full job duties after an injury can not only cause the injury to happen again, but it can make the issue worse the second time. Return to work physicals help prevent re-injury, allowing employees to feel confident and comfortable when they’re back in the workplace.
They’re necessary in a variety of situations, including:
- Giving an employee who has been on limited duty the OK to return to their typical assigned duties
- Measuring an employee’s physical fitness after an injury to outline what limited duties he or she is ready to perform
- Allowing an employee to return to full duties after being fully absent for a work-related or non-occupational injury Other physicals are required to comply with specific laws and regulations. The DOT (Department of Transportation) Physical is one such example. These exams are required of commercial drivers by the DOT, and must be performed by certified medical examiners listed in the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners. At League Health, you will always find a certified examiner available to provide your DOT Exam.
Finally, there are medical surveillance exams needed for employees who work around hazardous substances. These OSHA mandated exams are required for anyone with an identifiable risk of exposure to various elements, and include baseline exams, annual checkups, and exit physicals. At League Health, we can consult with you to make sure you are following appropriate protocols, and design exams for the needs of your employees.
Additional Services You May Need
- Urgent Care
- Primary Care
- Virtual Care
- Occupational Health
- Pediatric Care
- Walk-In Care Services
- Acute Illness treatment
- Covid Rapid & PCR Testing – Same Day Results
- Health and Wellness Physicals
- Women’s Health
- Well Child Visits
- Sports Physicals
- Employment Physicals
- Acute Injury Management
- Chronic Disease Management
- Diabetes Management
- Hypertension Management
- Heart & Vascular Disease
- Medical Weight Loss
- Labs Services